Tuesday, April 10, 2007




Reality T.V. American Idol, The Amazing Race, Survivor, and Deal or No Deal!


Okay, fess up. How many of us watch these shows? Come on, come on, it's okay to admit that you are one of the millions who are hooked on reality T.V. I am, and I freely admit it. My husband thinks there should be support groups for people like me, sort of like A.A. and AlAnon, and twelve step programs to de-program us, but I don't .
These shows are pretty entertaining, really. Take American Idol. Where else can someone like Sanjaya Malakar have adoring fans crying and screaming in an audience? NOWHERE! Come on really, think about it. Here's this geeky little, skinny guy with weird hair and puppy dog eyes who has this soft, pre-plastic surgery, pre- skin bleaching voice of Michael Jackson, and a few, and I do mean a very few of MJ's moves, who is STILL on the show.I don't know about you all, but for me, I have to watch every week just to see if he's still there. It is amazing what America finds talented, or is Sanjaya a joke? I believe he is. I was told there was a website that is set up so people can vote for the worst A.I. contestant, and Sanjaya is winning. So what does that say? They are deliberating voting for him to humiliate A.I. and to show America that organization and determination will win the day. So, Sanjaya is still in the running for your American Idol. As for me, I'll take Lakesha, Melinda or Jordin, real singers, with real talent.
So, now we move on to The Amazing Race. Did you ever notice that in every race there is a gay couple? Oswald and Danny this season, as All Stars. I love them, and personally, I hope they win, because they got guts, you know? But, my favorite team is Charla and Myrna. You gotta give props to the little lady, she is one determined cookie. Oh boy, did I say cookie? How about having to bite through 600 boxes of cookies to find one licorice one. Give me a paint brush!
My least favorite team, Kandice and Dustin. Beauty queens? Bullbutter! Snooty queens is more like it. They have zero personalities, and I'll bet neither one of them was ever even nominated for Miss Congeniality! Nasty bunch, those two. Yeah bunch. I know there's only two of them, but they are so danged annoying and snippy that they seem like a bunch. Boo! Be glad when they're gone and I'll bet if Eric and Danielle have their way about it the queens will be history at the next yield!
I was real unhappy when Rob and Amber were eliminated, but hey, if you can't spell Philippines, then...
And Uchenna and Joyce already won, so sayonara.
I think I'll enter the race one of these days. How hard can it be?
And now Survivor! That show drives me nutz!! Really. I have watched it since the second season and it never ceases to amaze me at the stupid decisions these people make. Hello, did any of them EVER watch the show? Why would any sane, rational person vote out their strongest and most useful players BEFORE the merge?
The object of the game is to go into the merge with the most members of your tribe intact, so you can pick off the opposing tribe members one by one, but no, these bozos vote off their strongest players and go to tribal council where they lose yet another player and then they cry and moan about numbers when the tribes merge and there is this lunatic scramble to create alliances with folks who are out to vote them off and win.
Dummies!
Now, if I was going to be on that show, I would research the location's flora and fauna thoroughly to see if I could find food for my tribe and make myself indispensable, by feeding them. A tribe must eat to stay strong and defeat the opposing tribe. Does anyone do this? No. They sit around and they whine and moan because they are hungry and weak, instead of getting up off their butts and finding food. It just amazes me, and what's more, it happens EVERY flipping season.
I'll bet the creators of that show are in hysterics laughing at how dopey people can be! If you're that goofy, you don't need a million bucks. I think I'll sign up for that show. How hard can it be?
And finally, DoND! Now you talk about dumb folks, greedy folks. These people take the cake. Seriously, if you are a waitress from East Bumbleflip, Kansas and you are making ten thousand dollars a year, why in the name of all that is Holy would you pass up that two hundred thousand dollar bird in the hand for that elusive and not bloodly likely to be in your case, million bucks? Does that make any sense to you at all? I'm goofy, okay, but I ain't stupid. People are just plain greedy. They have got to know that the odds of them having that million are about the same as winning the lottery, but greed wins every time and people cry and moan because they walk out with $750.00. You big dummies, you had a shot a two hundred thousand and you blew it? I don't get it.
I think I'll sign up for that show. How hard can it be?

Okay, so as a poor, starving author, I would now like to direct your attention to my two books, "What the Heart Wants" and "Dark Ridge" Both books may be purchased on Amazon.com or BN.com, or you know, all the usual places.
I also have an ebook of short stories available on my website at:
www.lindalrucker.com so help a starving author out and order your copies today.
I thought I eased into that rather nicely, don't you?
Thanks!

1 comment:

Jeni said...

Yep! You most certainly did "ease" into that pitch very, very nicely! Graceful and with beaucoup tact too!